sexta-feira, 23 de janeiro de 2015

Rosie!

I have no idea why I've been waiting for so long to give Rosie from SWOON a try! I totally love her, she's PERFECT in so many ways!
Rosie is a crossbody bag, with an adjustable strap and has the right size, 8" tall, 11" wide and 4" deep. 

To make Rosie you will need:
  • 2/3 yard 44” quilting weight exterior fabric
  • 1/2 yard 44” quilting weight lining fabric
  • 1/4 yard 44” quilting weight contrasting fabric
  • 2 yards fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101)
  • 1/2 yard fusible fleece (ie. Pellon Thermolam TP971F)
  • One 1.5” strap slide and two 1.5” rectangle loops
  • Two 9” all-purpose zippers
  • Two yards 1.5″ webbing (optional)
  • Magnetic snap
  • Coordinating thread
And PATTERN!

While running through my stash I found a few gorgeous fabrics and everything lined up in my head! Grey for exterior, ladies for the decorative strip, pink for lining and made pink piping too.
But pink or black piping? Love both of them! Pink for a soft look... Black for a more subtle contrast... Decisions, decisions...So nothing better than to ask for a little help to my fellow Swooners! A great group full of supportive people! 
In the end black piping won! For exterior main fabric I choose a decor weight fabric, and the connectors and strap ended a bit bulky.  
Photos don't make her justice, I really like her!
Has exterior main fabric I choose a decor weight fabric, and the connectors and strap ended a bit bulky.   
I changed the lining, for one with small touches of red and full of thread spools to match her earrings and hair! 
Closes with a snap, so it's very practical and easy to open. It has a zippered pocket on the inside and it's very roomy!
On the outside also has a zippered pocket on the outside to keep anything you need to have on hand.
So you can have an idea of her size here you have her on!
 


3 comentários: